Hi My name is Omar Bailey and I am the founder of Bright Idea’s based in New York City. Bright Ideas is a footwear design and development company servicing start up brands to fortune 50+ companies. We are responsible for everything within the nuts and bolts of footwear from Branding, Design, Development, Managing the manufacturing, managing shipping logistics for imported production, writing purchase orders, and more.
At this current moment I am looking for a summer intern. Let me be very clear, if your looking for an internship that will only allow you to design this is not the place for you. I started this business on ambition and a dream to venture on my own to one day fully understand and grasp the “business of shoes.” If you’re looking to learn about the “business of shoes” and are not afraid to get your hands dirty then this is the internship for you. What I can guarantee is that you will learn many techniques, and strategies in the shoes business from design to production, some of which I create through trial and error and others that I learned from my mentors.
Here are some of the details about the internship:
Position: Assistant Footwear Designer
Responsibilities and Task:
* Creating blue prints/line drawings
* Market research/material shopping
* Client follow up’s/reminders
* Shipping Packages
* Proposal assistance
* Sit in on new client meetings
* Sit in on Development meetings
* Website development
* Social Media Assistance (facebook, instagram, etc. )
Additional learning objectives can be developed based on the interns stated interest.
* Currently enrolled or graduated from college with a background in Industrial Design, Fashion or a related field.
* Proficient in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
* Able to navigate Microsoft office (excel and word)
* Able to juggle multiple tasks at one time.
* Strong written and oral communication skills
* Able to work a minimum of 2 business days per week (14 hours – aprox 10 to 4) please note additional opportunities may present themselves, which may require evening or weekend hours.
* Must have your own laptop with Adobe and Microsoft software.
* Must be familiar with social media platforms (facebook, instagram, etc.)
* Location: Astoria, NYC (Queens)
* Deadline: May 15th
* May 28th to August 28th (Dates are flexible)
* Unpaid internship
* Metro card stipend provided for work related travel
* Ideal start date: May 28th 2013 (or sooner based on availability)
How to apply:
* Email your portfolio, cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
* Please indicate SUMMER 2013 INTERN in email subject line
* Suitable to candidates will be contacted for a phone interview (please contact the company directly)
ConceptKicks © 2013-20